If you’d like to learn more about how to become a member of the Junior League or for more information about attending our next Prospective New Member Open House, contact JLPMembership@gmail.com or call 309-685-9312.
The New Member (“Provisional”) Experience
Twice each year (in the Fall & Spring), the Junior League of Peoria welcomes a new group of exceptional women to its “Provisional Class.” The purpose of the Provisional Class is to provide an introduction to The Junior League of Peoria (JLP), the Peoria community and the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI). Group training programs, speakers, and project experiences are utilized to enhance volunteer and leadership skills. In addition, members of the Provisional Class have the opportunity to create friendships with other Provisional and current JLP members.
The Junior League of Peoria reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. Members of our Provisional Class:
– Must be 20 years old. JLP does not have an upper age limit. If you are willing to serve we WANT you!
– Demonstrate an interest in volunteering and commitment to community service
– Sign a Statement of Agreement that outlines the responsibilitiesof a provisional member
The Provisional Course is a semester (Fall or Spring) training curriculum lasting 3 months and is designed to introduce you to JLP and prepare you for active membership. Upon completion of the Provisional Course, you will become an Active JLP member equipped with the following:
– A working knowledge of how the JLP operates and IMPACTS the community
– An understanding of your role within JLP and the many opportunities to SERVE the Peoria Community
– New RELATIONSHIPS with your provisional class and the larger membership